1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orr to Bowling Green

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So sayeth the Blade: http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070404/BREAKINGNEWS/70404010

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Welcome, Lou. There's a few things you should know.

1. Yes, it IS that windy all year 'round.

2. No, Anderson Arena is not the high school's gym. It's yours.

3. Mac Beach is where it's at on the first warm day of spring.

Remember those three things, and you're set!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Yes, the highest spot in the county IS the lip of that Bunker.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Man, the media seating that place sucks! But I love old gyms, so it was actuallly kind of cool.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Haha! Funny story. ... Having been there for four years, you grow pretty accustomed to the wind. ... But I was on the tee of that Par 3 one day in April 2005 and I could not stand still enough to hit the ball, it was that windy. Never seen anything like it.

It's not fun in the winter, that's for certain.

The Coed Coefficient, however, is quite high at BG.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

And yet you still left college a virgin.

7. KP

KP Active Member

5. Yes, the tallest object in town is the water tank that you can see for about 7 miles coming up 75.

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Well... the Blade didn't tell me much about this Orr guy. Can anyone give me some more insight on this guy?

As for the hill on No. 11... you can't quite get a view of Mac Beach from there, but if you're looking for a plethora of freshman girls in bikini's when it's warm out... that is the place.

I would like to add that...

5. Campus Pollyeye's stuffed breadsticks are great and they do deliver. As does Mr. Spots for cheesesteaks. Mr. Spots also sells/delivers beer.

6. I think last time I was at Brathaus, the Legal Joints were at $2.25 instead of $2. Of course, I hope you're too busy recruiting solid players and returning this program to prominence than bellying up at the Brathaus bar and throwing them back with "Bud Man".

God, I miss college. Real world sucks.

10. KP

KP Active Member

People miss Bowling Green?

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I do.

Got a problem with that?

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Was HC at Seton Hall until last season when he was unceremoniously dumped by the university despite
    a decent year. Problem: He wasn't a great recruiter of Big East talent. Was hired at SH in 2001, after crappy first year got them back into the NCAA in two of the next three seasons. Played for Syrcause, was drafted by the Pacers. Played a few years with them, then went to the Knicks. Played about -- what? -- 10 years in the league. Good hire, I'd say. Orr will do well up there.

Draft saved Draft deleted