1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jun 16, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If people were feeding that gators and Disney knew and didn't do anything, that is bad.

Also, that report is almost 100 percent taken from The Wrap (tiny link in story). That really sucks to steal someone's work like that, NY Post.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Bravo.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this is old news ... I checked back and didn't see it on this thread ... video emerges of a 2009 incident in which a gator was lurking in the water near Splash Mountain. A park employee tried to shoo him away with a stick, but that didn't work too well. Supposedly this led to some fence installations inside the park.

Strikes me that Disney is culpable, and quite a bit, for the death. If you aren't from Florida or a similarly swamp-infested area, you wouldn't really have an idea of how common gators are. And it's obvious by now that Disney ignored a whole lot of warning signs for many years.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I think Disney will settle big, fast and quiet.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't know about "quite a bit," but Disney's gonna pay through its nose. Not having warning signs, especially in light of all the recent reports of years of gator sightings on the property, is unconscionable. And honestly, it's pretty surprising. Disney's been around the block a few times with all this stuff. I'm really stunned they didn't have gator warnings.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I hope they discover his motive soon.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I would like to know your motive for posting this on the alligator attack thread. Did you think the gator was radicalized?

Draft saved Draft deleted