1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando Sentinel proclaims man crush on Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Don't tell people these things.

They don't always like the facts.

I think he was absolutely Heisman-worthy ... but come on ... his team finished tied for 5th in a 12-team league.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Take your fanboy shit elsewhere, you fucking troll.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Can somebody take away his keyboard for a week for being a complete and total douchebag?

And frankly, if you want it to go on the guy from the team with the best record, then in your world it shoulda gone to Brennan, and I'm not even sure I, small-school fangirl looser that I am, believe that.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

troll, troll, troll. that's nice.

urban meyer turning tebow into a glorified FB got him hurt in the middle of the year, and he was nuked by georgia accordingly. after that game, once the SEC race had basically passed florida by, urban turned tebow loose on the later-season cupcakes. so good for you, tim, great stats and all...but your team, by virtue of the way you played, was a middle-of-the-pack squad, and that was that.

and BTW, for all those who are calling for a tebow encore against michigan...i wouldn't be surprised if florida got themselves a game. just saying. just saying, as a guy who called ECU over boise flake.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I know Dave, consider him a friend along with being a very good beat writer. In no way, shape or form, do I think he has a "man crush" on Tim Tebow. He just did his job, writing a feature on the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When will Curtis write a column fawning over Rocco Baldelli? Inquiring minds wanna know.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As soon as his butt stays on the field for, oh, a full month.

Come on Rocco, Elijah and Delmon are gone. The Rays need you!

8. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Are you guys kidding? You think Dave was serious? Maybe he didn't use the sarcasm font, but this is kind of hilarious. Maybe you have to know Dave to get this, but this is pretty well done.
    Unfortunately, too many Tebow features really sound like this...

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Tebow got hurt against Kentucky on an improvised run. It had nothing to do with "turning him into a glorified FB". More significantly, the "later season cupcakes" Tebow shredded include a South Carolina team that beat Georgia and didn't even allow them a TD. As I recall, that same Vandy team he torched gave the Dogs quite a game as well.

UGA beat UF this year, although an injured Tebow still did a pretty good job since UF scored 30. We're all aware of it. If you insist on jerking off about UGA's win on every thread you can, could you at least try to make sense while you do so?

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

didn't arkansas finish 4-4?

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

If this feature had a sarcasm font, it would be funny.
    I don't love the tone of it all, but knowing the editors at the Sentinel that let it pass, I trust its tone and understand it.
    Not saying I would have written it, but I understand it and appreciate it in its own way.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't know Dave, all I know is what I read. The way the story reads sounds like the writer's chin is firmly nuzzled aginst Tebow's taint, assuming Florida's Man Jesus has such things. Of course, angels and the divine fallen to Earth are said not to.
    So Tebow probably doesn't even produce bodily waste. His system being so perfect everything is consumed internally.

Draft saved Draft deleted