1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando Sentinel general assignment reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Does it really matter? The spot's open again, either way.

2. If it was a coach, we'd be digging into every sordid detail and defending to the death our right to do so.

Just sayin'.

3. Yeah, but only if he fibbed on his resume or got a little tipsy at the local nudie bar.

4. Word from the Upstate pipeline is JB, 23, felt some loyalty to Joe Sullivan at the Globe even though he wasn't even working in the downtown office. He was with the zoned editions. And there was also something to do with a girl on Long Island. To top it off, the Globe's counter offer was still less than what the Sentinel had on the table.

I can't explain why any or all of that would keep him in Boston, just wanted to shed some light on it.

Now back to filling the opening ...

5. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

That word loyalty can be pretty dangerous. Here's hoping he's shown the same by the Globe somewhere down the line. Is there any kind of deadline for new applications, Lynn?

6. True, but there's something refreshing about loyalty.

7. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I didn't even know that word "Loyalty" existed in our profession anymore.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I heard he talked to Billy Donovan.

9. boots

boots New Member

What's important is that the job is open and Hoppes is looking. If you have something in, great. If you don't, then hurry.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Not to specifically argue with you, boots, but it could be important to some people why the job is open again and thus have an influence on whether they apply or not. Those of us at small papers just looking for a break at a bigger one might not care and would be willing to accept some less than ideal conditions, but someone more established might not. If it was a personal thing for the writer, then it's none of our business. But if it was on the Sentinel's end, applicants with the means should be able to find out. Those means would be this thread right here.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm going to hardly EVER do this, but I applaud you on that one bootsy. To the point and accurate.

12. boots

boots New Member

It has been established that the job was passed on for personal reasons. Whatever those reasons are shouldn't affect you. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted