1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orlando Sentinel general assignment reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Lynn_Hoppes, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

And how can we know? :)

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Boots: Knowing someone doesn't mean you talk on the phone often. I've worked with him in the past. We don't do lunch weekly.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This makes far too much sense.

I know someone who works at Orlando and says nothing but good things about the paper and its staff.

4. boots

boots New Member

Look, I'm not going to debate you. It's a personal matter. If they want their business expressed over the web, then I'm sure they will do it. Otherwise, you mentioned that you know JB. Then perhaps they will answer your question.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, actually, YOU were the one who mentioned him on this thread. Lynn did not. So maybe you ought to keep YOUR trap shut about jobs that don't involve you, right? Because if they want their business expressed over the web, then I'm sure they will do it.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

--Standing ovation--

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Good grief. Looks like we should tap more than a few kegs of STFU Brew for everyone. Yeesh.

8. boots

boots New Member

It's a not a big secret that he's not going there. However the reasons why are personal. If you have problems understanding that, I'll understand.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Boots, in general, I don't have a problem with you. But damn, that was a condescending post.

10. boots

boots New Member

Wasn't meant to be. This is a good job. She was trying to take the post to another level where it didn't need to go. It's over and done with.

11. IBIS

IBIS Guest

Why ask for more resumes if more than 200 already applied?
    Got to believe Lynn already has a Plan B.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, maybe I'm stupid, but aren't you contradicting yourself with your first and third sentences? You say you're not trying to be condescending, then you rip IJAG?

That's how it's coming across to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.