1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orioles fans vs. Kevin Millar

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Should Kevin Millar have thrown out the first pitch for the Red Sox?

1. Definitely yes.

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Definitely no.

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Who cares?

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Baltimore Sun columnist takes issue with Orioles fans who are angry over Kevin Millar becoming a part of the Red Sox' Game 7 pregame ceremonies.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-steelefront1023,0,5686913.story

Curious what everyone else thinks.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just another case of the fans being shat upon. At some point, fans will wake up and realize that they are first class saps for actually caring about their team.

Millar, to throw out the first pitch, and use the words "we" and "our" in the video, is a slap in the face to any fan who actually cares about the Orioles. It's a division rival, for pete's sake.

I think the fans are right to get upset, but its another wake up call that they care about their team more than many players.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Red Sox were lame for inviting this doofus to throw out the first pitch. Millar was lame for actually doing it.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Even dumber was him saying he was loaning Pedroia his number.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Thumbs down on Millar. Strange enough to watch a guy rejoin his team to receive a championship ring, but that's as far as it should go. If the Red Sox can't think of anyone else in their history worthy of a first pitch, they need to think a little harder.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Weird. The whole damn thing was just weird.

Where's Doug Mientkiewicz's chance to throw out the first pitch?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's only if he threw the ball that made the last out.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

He wouldn't throw it ... he'd keep it.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It's like I tell my strippers and hookers and it's all the Oriole fans are asking: At least act like you are enjoying the time you spend with me while I pay your salary.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Perhaps he thinks it's a vowel.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What if Keith Foulke had done it? He signed with the Indians, but then retired instead of pitching for them. He actually threw the last pitch of the 2004 World Series and made the last throw to first base to clinch the title in Game 4.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Millar was talking this summer about how much he loved being in Baltimore.

Foulke and Orlando Cabrera should have thrown out the first pitch to Foulke's now ex-wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted