1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Vacation alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Willie-Butch, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Clark W. Griswold and the clan are on AMC.

What's everyone's favorite Vacation movie? Original, European, Christmas?

2. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

It's a dead heat between Euro and Christmas.

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Screw Euro.

The original and Christmas are battling for the top prize.

Now take your jelly-of-the-month club membership and like it!

4. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

See, most people don't like my Euro pick. I loved that movie. It's also the first one I ever saw, so that could be a factor.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

European Christmas sucked giant, moldy donkey balls. Never saw the Vegas one because it could surely do nothing but suck.

The original was the best, followed closely by Christmas Vacation.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Christmas is the best hands down. Because of that movie I always cover as much of my house in lights at Christmas as I can.

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Vegas had its moments, but doesn't hold a candle to the original or Christmas. Euro doesn't get enough credit, but I still have it third.

"Can I get you anything? Refill your eggnog? Drive you to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

8. RedSmithClone

"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse." - CLARK W. GRISWOLD

9. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

"I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we'll need plastic surgeory to remove our godamn smiles. You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!"

10. RedSmithClone

I friggin love these movies!

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Cousin Vicki: I'm going steady, and I French kiss.
    Audrey Griswold: So? Everybody does that.
    Cousin Vicki: Yeah, but Daddy says I'm the best at it.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

How do you use a magazine?

Draft saved Draft deleted