1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orgasmic Meditation Comes to The Times

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the racy article that appeared in the Sunday Times about a commune in San Francisco that teaches "orgasmic meditation" to women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/fashion/15commune.html?scp=1&sq=orgasm%20commune&st=cse

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

BYH's wife just kicked a hobo and knows exactly why.

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

What a dick tease.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

From the Times:

In the One Taste world, a weirdly clinical pact is made between the women and men. There is no eye contact during orgasmic meditation. The idea, similar to Buddhist Tantric sex, is to extend the sensory peak — and publicly share it — before “going over,” as residents, who tend toward group-speak, call climaxing.

Although men are not touched by the women and do not climax, they say they experience a sense of energy and satiation. Both the strokers and strokees insist that all this OMing is really about the “hydration” of the self, the human connection, not sex.

Reese Jones, a venture capitalist-slash-geek-slash Ms. Daedone’s boyfriend, likens orgasmic meditation to massage.

“It’s a procedure to nourish the limbic system, like yoga or Pilates, with no other strings attached,” he said. “When you go to a massage therapist,” he added, “you don’t take the masseuse to dinner afterward.”

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Reese Jones? Let me know when Trisha Jones chimes in, and I'll believe this method's accuracy.

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

What the fuck? (No pun intended.)

7. I think I have now heard it all. It just makes me wonder...

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Lugnuts is really Reese Jones

Draft saved Draft deleted