1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O'Reilly dumped in favor of Rome at Washington station

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 6, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm sure one of the Clear Channel stations will be paid to pick up his show.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Don't bet on that...Loofah boy's radio numbers suck.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Amazingly, I could find no news stories referencing such a gang. ::)

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The reason why it's blue because both of them are on most Clear Channel stations. 

"Hey Mr. O'Reilly,
    You got bumped off the station,
    Heh, heh, heh,
    You always say that!

Hey Mr. O'Reilly....

hold it, hold it, screw that, never mind."

[/Terrance from Sierra Madre's Smack-Off call from 2003 or 2004.  Send up of Jason Stewart.]

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's D.C. Fox (which I believe is now syndicating his radio show) will find a way to keep him on the air in D.C.

6. D-3 Fan

It'll be tape delayed and bumped to the evenings or overnights. A good number of stations usually do that.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

That's hot.

8. That's what they want you to believe...

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The thing is, I don't think O'Reilly fits in between The Sports Junkees and Opie and Anthony. Shows get dropped all the time. Another station in DC will pick him up.

10. D-3 Fan

Dear Jim,

Because of me, you will have three hours live to pat yourself on the back for every interview, do every take, and take shots at the loser Clones living in Mom's basement, hitting the bong with Silk Braaaaaaa, roll out of the bed every night to hit the clubs and pound some skank, before crawling back to the basement, only to get harassed by mom an hour later, at 8 a.m., to go out and find a job at Taco Johns, Farmer John's, or whatever the hell you need to do to make a little cash.

Sincerely,

John from C-Town

War Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey....

Draft saved Draft deleted