1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oregon's new athletic complex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Aug 1, 2013.

1. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

That Nike money sure buys a lot of luxury...this place is amazing. Even has a media room that is over-the-top.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/08/01/outrageously-unique-amenities-in-oregons-new-football-facility-hatfield-dowlin-complex/2606223/?morestories=obnetwork

Tell me, could this money have been spent in a better way?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The building binge at Oregon reminds me of those mega-homes athletes buy when they get their first big contract, with all sorts of doodads, but quickly becomes outdated. I don't know what the upkeep costs will be or how expensive keeping the technology up to date will be - sure hoping there is an endowment that will take care of the extra custodial and maintenance costs.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Where do they have the national championship trophies?

Oh, that's right, contrary to what the Oregon fans think, they didn't invent the sport and have no real history.

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I was thinking the same thing...how in 10 years this place might seem as up-to-date as a bag phone.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with the new facility?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I want to cover an Oregon game just to visit that media lounge.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Nothing.

It's a beautiful building, there is a lot to like there. Couldn't happen to a more douchebaggy program.

And the endowment to keep all the shit up to date is Phil Knight's checkbook.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oregon has had an athletic complex for quite a number of years now, and it's evident all over the Internet.

10. Oregon is far from having the douchebaggery monopoly in college football. Where are the billionaire donors in the SEC?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Still giving $100 handshakes when they bump into a player after the game.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted