1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orbitz Steers Mac Users to More Expensive Hotels

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052702304458604577488822667325882.html

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Overpay for a computer. Overpay for a hotel. Makes sense.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Who is stupid enough to not sort by price? The article states prices for rooms aren't being changed, just what hotels are being featured.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I can testify that if you look at cruise prices on an iPad, Carnival will give you the second cheapest option as the lowest price available. When you check the same site, for the exact same dates, a PC laptop search will give you the actual lowest cost available.

It made me scratch my head when I did this just a couple of days ago, but this article seems to illuminate the problem.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. I'll have to do that iPad vs. PC comparison.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, interesting read as I peruse SportsJournalists.com on my iMac ...

Actually, when we book rooms, there's often good online deals on the hotel web sites. Better than whatever Orbitz or travelocity can offer.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Been looking at hotel prices in Asheville, Manhattan and Niagara Falls for the past couple of weeks.

Nothing on hotel website has been lower than the "travel" sites. Of course, I've been doing my searches on a Mac . . .

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some hotels and airlines don't work with the discount travel sites. I know Southwest doesn't. Its lowest and sale fares (which are often matched by the other airlines) are available only through its web site.

Draft saved Draft deleted