1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orange slices for everyone, or the I Hate Soccer thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So who here couldn't give a shit about the World Cup, or Los Treacle, or the poofters from Brazil with one name, or that guy named Neal from the loosing team that can't score?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lots of scoring in today's games at least. Two games, two goals, right?

My son's in a pool and the big-prize tiebreaker is how many goals will the winning team score. In the tournament, not in the final.

I told him to guess eight.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It would be funny if World Cup was played by teams of 6-year-olds, all running to the ball. That I would watch.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You know what I don't like to watch? NASCAR. You know what I don't do? Start message board threads about how much NASCAR sucks. If you hate soccer so much, why waste your energy on it?

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Everyone has a sport they hate. A lot of people hate baseball, basketball or hockey, but you don't see weekly threads on that.

I love rugby union and Aussie Rules football. No one else I know has to like it for me to enjoy watching those sports.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think I'll start a "Teams lacking in fundamentals, or the I Hate The NBA" thread. I mean, I am so sick of ESPN ramming the NBA Finals down our throat and trying to force us to like that sorry excuse for a "sport."

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I enjoy mocking soccer fans as much as anyone (and the NBA generally sucks, too), but I agree with Cosmo. If you don't like something on this board, why not just stay away from it?

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well said.

And to go a bit further, I'm not a huge soccer fan, but do have a little interest when the World Cup rolls around.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

the NBA is dead

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I think TT is soccer fan and wants to corner all the non soccer lovers and berate them on how everyone else in the world loves soccer so they should too and if they don't there's something wrong with them.
    Anyhoo, I'll support anything that fills a page or two by early afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.