1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orange County Register USC beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by busuncle, Aug 9, 2006.

1. busuncle

busuncle Member

Job description: Responsible for the coverage of events and news involving USC's athletic programs. Reporter produces beat-related features on a weekly basis as well as breaking news and notebooks from campus. Because we provide information on various platforms, the reporter is expected to contribute to projects on the Web as well as other mediums.

Qualifications: Candidates must demonstrate strong writing, reporting, organizing and planning skills. We're looking for someone who is energetic and shows initiative. We also are looking for someone to contribute enterprise and investigative projects from within the area of coverage.

Minimum of 3 to 5 years covering a sports-related beat. Knowledge of college sports is preferred, but we will consider candidates who have demonstrated the ability to dominate a beat. We have promoted our USC writer and are looking to move fast to fill this opening.

Contact: Send a cover letter, resume, references and writing samples to:

David Bean
    Assistant Sports Editor
    Orange County Register
    P.O. Box 11626
    Santa Ana, CA 92711-1626

You may also apply via e-mail to:
    dbean@ocregister.com.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Todd Harmonson, I believe? The previous owner of this job?
    What happened to him?

3. Promoted to Assistant Sports Editor

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Other than Dodgers beat writer, this is my dream job.

5. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Well, what are you waiting for? Go get it.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

No, PE, you're supposed to say

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!!!!!

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not their type.

In a different world I would've applied.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This is when I wish I had more college sports experience. Now THIS would be a job I could sink my teeth into every day.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

man, there are some great jobs available out there. kinda odd that so many are popping up right before the season starts.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This job is going to get someone some serious clips when the you-know-what hits the fan when the NCAA starts digging deeper into the football program.

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Are great clips what someone goes to this job looking for? Seems like a potential destination job to me.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'd think your clips would have to be pretty good to land this gig in the first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted