1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orange County prom draft running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, May 7, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boys at Corona del Mar High select and announce their dates in order.

Though the draft is not affiliated with the school and secret for the most part, some of the draft results were broadcast on Twitter, with pictures of sport-coated teens making their selections. One tweet posted by the senior class Twitter account joked the day before Thursday’s draft that “Many drafters on the prowl tomorrow for #freeagents so dress nice ladies.”

Sophomores eligible.
  2. LongTimeListener

Ah, damn ... EStreetJoe beat me by a couple minutes on this. Nuke the D_B, mods.
  3. Glad that was not done during my high school years.
    I would have been Mr. Irrelevant.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think the Baltimore Colts is the better comparison, as the guys draft the girls.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Points for the 'running thread' concept.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does it work like the NFL, and the boys who're nerds, still have braces, etc. get to draft first?
  7. YankeeFan

We need freq to weigh in.

Do you go with the best overall talent on the board, or take someone who has something to prove, and is willing to go the extra mile?

And, you just know Rick would trade down in the draft, until the more intimidating choices were off the board.
  8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Who wouldn't trade down for multiple picks?
  9. YankeeFan

You need a big market budget to sign multiple draft choices.
  10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Depends on how deep the draft is. You need to make sure there's still first-round talent there if you're going to move back. It's imperative to get value for your picks.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My guess is that with Newport Beach/CDM high school, there is a LOT of first round talent.
  12. LongTimeListener

I was at Huntington Beach last summer, and they had a beach volleyball summer camp going. My Lord.
Draft saved Draft deleted