1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oral History of the 89 Indians

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JC, Jul 10, 2013.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A little long but an enjoyable read. I really enjoyed the shots at Joe Morgan

http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2013/07/10/an-oral-history-of-the-1989-cleveland-indians/

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That's pretty tremendous. I bet Bill Simmons is pissed he didn't think of it first for Grantland. Of course, an oral history of the 1952 Hickory Huskers is probably in the works ...

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Journalism?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sorry Mods, please move to the blogs section of the board.

5. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was awesome reading.

7. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

Absolutely brilliant.

8. baddecision

baddecision Active Member

I was impressed to see that the passage lifted from The Sporting News contained grammatical errors. Excellent attention to real-life detail!

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Major League" holds up in a lot of ways, but the fact that it was plausible for everyone involved to think Miami would be some sort of baseball Songbird proves how naive we all were in those days.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was also right around the time the White Sox and Giants were making serious noise about moving to St. Pete. Talk about naiveity.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's disconcerting that the first comment, the person hadn't seen Major League. How can you like baseball and not have seen Major League???

Draft saved Draft deleted