1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oprah's Starting Her Own Network

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GB-Hack, Jan 15, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

http://tv.yahoo.com/contributor/30579/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080115:tv_oprah_channel__ER:63569

Am I going to get this on my digital band, or regular cable?

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It looks like if you get Discovery Health now, you'll get the All-Oprah, All The Time channel.

Like the song said: 57[00] channels and nothing on.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

It makes sense. She could use the money.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I saw on The Duel a couple weeks ago that Judge Judy was the highest paid woman on television, but apparently, that question lied because it's Oprah.

The question could have been primetime television, though, I don't know where the hell Judge Judy is on primetime. While watching E!'s top tv personalities (not actors/actresses, though Jerry Seinfeld was the only one who could cross over), it had Oprah as number 1.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Here's why that might be true. Since Oprah owns it all (production company, etc.), her salary for hosting the show and what she actually makes off the show could be different.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sweet. Another channel I'm not going to watch.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I suppose that's true. She does get money from Dr. Phil and Rachael Ray's shows, too.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bitch
    Entertainment
    Television

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry. I laughed like hell.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I thought she already had her own network -- O.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Gawddammit!

I watch Discovery Health at least once a day. I can only imagine the bullshit that's going to be on there now.

Draft saved Draft deleted