1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

oprah's last season...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, May 16, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, no question.

i just wish more 'icons' would leave the room quietly. but, hey, it ain't that way in sports so why should i expect more from entertainers? i'm asking way too much of folks worth millions who never are told 'no' by anyone, anywhere, anytime...

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I usually watch once or twice a year. The last time I watched was when Ebert was on.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If everyone else "...got to women who really wanted something positive and helpful..." she would have went with "...'Who's The Daddy' and 'I Cheated With Your Brother's Daughter's Transvestite Twin,' shows...". She's her version of Barnum, Bailey and Trump.
    I am not now nor have I ever been her part of her target audience, so her show and her persona have no meaning for me. She didn't hurt anyone that I know of and made oodles of money for herself and her friends. She is the American dream.

But to all those that deified her, made her a secular saint, fuck you.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . excepting her extreme naivete regarding dubious and or sloppy book authors . . .

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I see snippets of Oprah on The Soup, and she seems about as full of herself as I was led to believe.

I stopped watching her after the James Frey shit - is he still supposed to appear on her show, or did that already happen?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

round 2 is today (man, how gay am i for knowing this?) can't believe this clown was THE guest for two of her final shows, considering so few people recognize the name, i'd reckon. i mean, the 'firestorm' he/oprah created was about 5 freakin' years ago.

just another clue about how self-involved oprah and her staff are. yup, long overdue for goodbye. it was a tremendous run, drive home safely so you can continue the 'book club.'

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Any good Oprah did--and to be fair, she did nothing--would have been negated by unleashing Gayle King upon the world. Without her best friend giving her thousands of opportunities she didn't deserve, Gayle would have been a talentless flash in the pan whose existence may or may not have been fever dreamt by Connecticut viewers. Instead she's gotten talk shows and sidekick gigs on Oprah and I'm sure she'll have a show on the worst network ever when it launches.

Good news though: The seventh-to-last show is airing now!!!!

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, media folks at this last taping have been tweeting for five solid hours about who's there. How long can this last? She must have enough material from tonight for a whole new season.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's the twist ending. "I'm not going ANYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" Cue estrogen-fueled hysteria in the studio audience.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just asked her. She doesn't care. She already got hers.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

only reason for this bump: BEYONCE'. ;) 8) :eek:

BEYONCE'. BEYONCE'. BEYONCE'. :eek: :eek: :eek:

what a woman. 8) 8) 8)

i'd watch a 'BEYONCE' CHANNEL' 24/7/365.

that is all.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

spot-on observation.

seriously. any other woman her age who's NEVER been married or RAISED A CHILD would be told 'STFU!' if mrs. shockey and i ever came across them in our real world. the half-dozen women we spend time with regularly who fit that description would NEVER, EVER be presumptuous enough to offer us their take on matters of consequence regarding these subjects unless we ask for them.

but the brain-washed, 'stepford women' who adore oprah so seem to hang on her every word as though she's carrying the tablets down from the mountaintop.

it's really insane. we've the tom cruise/john travolta/etc. hollywood scientology crowd and the oprahdites. gotta love it...

Draft saved Draft deleted