1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opposites attract????

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, Jul 31, 2009.

1. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Hey guys, I am having an issue. I know this girl and we absolutely have nothing in common except we like dogs, booze and we are both very Type A. When we worked together, we didn't get along because we were both so obsessed with outdoing the other person, that it caused tension. When we first started working together, she invited me out for a drink a couple of times and I knew she had a boyfriend but that didn't bother me. To make a long story short, I was always attracted to her physically but didn't realize until recently how much I miss her personality in my life. But as I said, there are many reasons at this point as to why I can't go back down that road with her. But I just wonder why I am thinking so much about her? Anybody ever experienced anything similar.

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Open door, release hounds!!!

RB

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You just can't play along and answer the man's question, can you? :)

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Ask MC Skat Kat.

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

My response, if I were to offer one, would be to hit it and post the pics. But I won't say *that*

RB

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hacksaw is Simon Cowell?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I've experienced similar. Why don't you try to see her instead of just pining for her? As you get older you'll find that you regret things that you convinced yourself not to do.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wow. What a history. You guys are meant for each other.

I don't know why you would be worried about a former employer but if she is on your mind so much I would call or write.

Say that the way things turned out really are bothering you and you feel awful that she blames you. You really miss the times you'd go out and have a drink and talk and would like to do that again sometime if she is up for it.

I don't see how that's going to burn any bridges for you.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I could swear they say "slipping in slaw" in that song

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I'll be serious for a moment. Forget her and run like hell in the other direction. From your own description, this is completely unhealthy relationship that will not end well for you. A person who cares about you does not do the things you describe her as doing. Most of us at least once go through this sort of thing -- pining for crazy person who treats us like shit yet remains awfully attractive. You, and everyone else, deserves a relationship that is about mutual love and respect, which is the opposite of what you're describing. Just try to let it go, and maybe ask yourself (and/or a professional) why you would ever consider a "relationship" like this.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I dunno. I say hit it for six months and then when it becomes too much, call it off. The crazy ones are always the most fun. Then you can come back here in February and ask "What should I do about this girl I've been seeing?" SportsJournalists.com there when you need it.

Draft saved Draft deleted