1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opportunity to watch sports games in W. Va

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by giantjay25, Jul 20, 2006.

1. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

Company: News Media Corp.
    Position: Sports Writer Needed!
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $15,000 to $20,000
    Ad Expires: August 23, 2006
    Job ID: 661231

Description:
    Calling all sports fans! Do you love watching a good sports game? The award-winning Record Delta newspaper in the beautiful town of Buckhannon, West Virginia has an immediate opening for a sports reporter. Ideal candidate will be a team player with a lot of enthusiasm, and drive. Must possess excellent writing, photography, time management and communication skills. Pagination of pages on Pagemaker also required, but training is available. The Record Delta offers a great working environment and plenty of room for growth. Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, 401k and mileage. Please send a copy of your resume to Publisher, Tammy Lyons at TALemail@aol.com or mail to The Record Delta Attn: Publisher P.O. Box 550 2-B Clarksburg Road, Buckhannon, WV 26201. To learn more about The Record Delta and News Media Corporation, visit us online at www.newsmediacorporation.com.

Sports games, huh? For $15-20K?

2. JME

JME Member

I knew a guy from Buckhannon once. Nice guy. We called him poop-tooth, because, um, he had a poop-tooth. He also had a smoking hot girlfriend, somehow, but she was stolen away early upon their arrival at college and then passed around like a pair of dice.

That's my Buckhannon story. That along with a year's worth of watching sports games will get you $15,000.

3. where do i sign up? at the soup kitchen?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What if I love watching bad sports games? Does it put me out of the running? ::)

5. JME

JME Member

No, but the Bad Sports Game beat job only pays 12 large. :'(

6. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

I hear there's a housewife in Morgantown that's their leading candidate.
    For that salary, they better grab her fast.

7. JME

JME Member

Too late. She just got snagged to cover the cops beat for her mobile home complex's monthly newsletter.

Next candidate: Pickle Juice

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i did, she wasn't that good.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tremendous.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Remember, the ideal candidate will have a lot of enthusiasm, and drive (sic).

At least until he or she's been on the job about a week.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind getting paid a pittance for watching games -- long as I didn't have to write or anything.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This does say $15,000 to $20,000.

I'm sure it's not $20,000, but it's likely not $15,000 either. My guess would be $17,000, which you can still make more at McDonalds.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

And Ace, maybe someday you can get to the Plain Dealer and just watch games.

Draft saved Draft deleted