1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opinions Sought: John Kincaid of ESPN Radio (and ATL radio )

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Some might swallow that act, but he'll curl up and die north of the Mason/Dixon line with that swill.

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Not sure what specific "swill" you're talking about, but since the guy's a Philly native (and a Temple grad, I believe) I imagine he'd be able to handle himself up north if he needed to.

3. Babs

Babs Member

Exactly.

And if you don't think he's misinformed, maybe so are you? I could list examples, but I would give away more than I want to.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

We're talking a matter of degrees here, I believe.

You can roll your eyes at the endless Smith/Dungy material being disseminated, the past two weeks. I did. It WAS overkill. USA TODAY was ridiculous. And I think it's in bounds to say so. But to go on and on and ON about it,
    leaks into George Allen, winking/nudging, racist-pandering territory, in my view.

Given we're talking a market that Shapiro managed a toehold in, simply don't feel we're talking
    the height of sophistication, here. And, yes, I'm aware that a field in which Mike/Mad Dog is widely viewed as the gold standard, the bar is set, really, really low . . . but JMO.

5. Eh?

6. JHaugJr

JHaugJr New Member

FYI, for the above note about female hosts on ESPN Radio, CJ Silas has taken over as host of the Saturday AM Gameday, replacing Doug Karsch. She's not a bad listen. Her Super Bowl weekend show was especially good, talking about earliest "at the stadium" memories.

Madden has been a jerk ever since his days sniffing around jocks at Pitt and duquesne in the early 80s

Draft saved Draft deleted