1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opinions on ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SMJKeith, Aug 3, 2007.

1. SMJKeith

SMJKeith New Member

Good Morning,

I am working on a new project for Sports Media Journal and seek your help. Many people, especially those in the blogsphere, like to take shots at ESPN. I have also been critical at times.

As much as those opinions are welcome and respected, I am looking for something different.

At this post http://sportsmediajournal.com/2007/07/31/tell-us-what-you-think-about-espn/ I ask two questions:

1. What do you like least about ESPN?
    2 What would you do to change it?

My goal is to not only rehash all the complaints about the network, but to see if people have creative, and REAL ideas to make ESPN better.

If you wish to answer these questions, you can do so by e-mailing me at comments@sportsmediajournal.com. Please include "ESPN" in the subject line. Thank you!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like it a lot ... esp. that boomer guy. oh, and the x games and that brand new thing, who's in, or something like that.

wouldn't change one thing, not one.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I like That Joe Morgan guy. He knows so much about baseball. I don't like the lack of Yankees and Red Sox coverage. They should also do more stories about the NBA.

4. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Yeah, I've sat around for the last year wondering "Who's Now?" and thanks to those great folks, I now know...

The answer: Lame mid-summer time-filling craptastic features. That's "Who's Now?" ... OK, so maybe that's "What's Now?" but it still sucked. ;D

5. Huggs4Thuggs

Huggs4Thuggs New Member

Who wants to take a stab at how this one is going to end?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Can we please see more of the Junction Boys? I can't stand it when they show baseball, instead.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought the junction boys was underrated.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Wow, there's a lot of blue ink missing on this board. :)

Therefore, in staying with the tone of this thread, I'll bite. Too little NBA coverage. I want it 24/7, even though the league itself is in trouble. Who's the bozo that loves all that hockey on the network, anyway? More special things like "Who's Now". God, I love that segment!

And someone give me a big dose of Stewey "Man, fuck those guys" Scott and Stephen A. Tewwible.

9. Blushing

Blushing Member

Yes, Junction Boys (whatever happened to Jim Dent, by the way) was excellent, and I'd put Bronx Burning high on the list of ESPN accomplishments. As for how I'd change ESPN and what I like least, I recently came across a column that says it bets:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/gary_west/story/171417.html

10. Writer33

Writer33 Member

I need more of that Schwab guy. If he only knew how to say boooyeah when he got the question correct, he'd be perfect. He's so now.

11. Chad Conant

Chad Conant Member

Definitely never do a Playmakers episode again.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Give me NFL updates every 4.32 minutes in the middle of March, April and May. Goddamit, I don't have enough of my NFL. NFL I need. Need the NFL, I. NFL. NFL. NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted