1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opie and Anthony's spring vacation from XM

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 15, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Reading those tweets, he's got some serious issues. Not the least of which he's a 50ish man walking around Times Square taking pictures of unsuspecting women.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No kidding. He made it sound like a woman was in the background of a picture he took. But, how is this a picture of anything other than the woman in question?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This could be a cropped version of the original.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. YankeeFan

It's his post of his picture.

Besides, in Times Square, shooting a sidewalk covered with scaffolding makes no sense. Lots of better photo opportunities.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He was claiming in some he was carrying a pistol. I wonder if he's licensed for concealed carry in NYC?

6. YankeeFan

Imus & Stern both are. I wouldn't be surprised.

Big shots can get a permit. Regular folks can't.

Isn't that great? A Constitutional right enjoyed only by those with connections.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Agreed. Haven't listened to them in years, but those tweets aren't the work of someone who is unimpaired. Good thing he was allegedly carrying a gun.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I haven't listened much in several years, but Anthony was always the one who would come unhinged on the air. It made for entertaining radio, but he clearly went too far here.

I'll be curious if this completely ends the show or if they try to make a go of it with Opie and Jim Norton. I'm guessing since key pieces are still under contract they won't be able to launch a podcast or anything like that.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Coward Cumia has deleted all his tweets. Part of his rant was how the woman is lucky that he's a white legal gun owner or he'd be dead. That means if he had his gun he would have shot her in a situation which he removed himself from without need of a gun. This is the mentality of open carry people. They fantasize about shoot 'em ups in situations where no need for that exists. He's a lunatic.

10. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I have been a huge O&A fan for about a decade, but listening to the show has become more and more difficult over the past couple of years. As the suits and attorneys have clamped down on the stunts they are allowed to pull, a lot more time has been filled with Ant's completely nonsensical rants. I often found myself cringing and changing the channel anytime race/guns/politics came up.

I will always be a fan and will probably cancel my XM sub if the show really is done.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I canceled when Howard started working 3 days weeks and taking 15 weeks of vacation a year. Podcasts are much better and they're free.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I'm actually beginning to think that there is the possibility this was all planned by the b-b-boys in anticipation of their contracts ending in October...

Draft saved Draft deleted