1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opie and Anthony's spring vacation from XM

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, May 15, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's gonna be effective.

2. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Les Moonves is the boss on that side of their show...

3. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I just don't like where this country is going.

what's next? somebody is going to complain about violence/rape/language on HBO and force HBO to cancel a show?

Let people decide what they want to watch or listen to. And when they say they do it to protect the kids (which they didn't in this specific case) i always wonder what kids are listening to the radio these days?

4. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

This is about money.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

How is it about money?
    You have XM, you know what you're getting, I doubt anyone canceled their service over this.
    Also, O&A have basically no sponsors on their show.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The merger is the key. XM wants to keep the FCC positive about the deal. I know the FCC doesn't regulate satellite at this time. Sarah McBride has an article on the Wall Street Journal website that is worth reading. I can't link it, sorry.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

That merger is DOA from the start.
    They promised, when both allowed by the FCC to start up, that they'd never merge.

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The merger faces challenges, but it's not DOA. Action was taken because of the merger talks with the FCC and elected officials that are currently taking place. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've had XM for over two years now and I still blissfully don't know who Opie & Anthony are, aside from the non-stop spots for them on XM.

10. They're pretty funny dudes. They aren't some hacky morning zoo crap. they're at their best when they bring in comedians to hang and don't depend on the comedians to do their act, but to riff off whatever they're talking about.

Now they definitely aren't for everybody, but they don't mean any harm.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Please, don't get me wrong, you raise very true and valid points.
    It's just grandstanding on XM's part.

12. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Can't we just say that the Secretary of State deserves a little more respect than these two clowns (and their guest) afforded her? Is even the slightest sense of decorum too much to ask?

Beyond being SoS, every woman (OK, 99 percent of them) deserves respect.

As for O&A, suspend 'em, fire 'em, whatever. My presets come nowhere near their channel.

Draft saved Draft deleted