1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opera music, aging sports editor, high school sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Greg_Brownell, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Greg_Brownell

Greg_Brownell New Member

I knew the headline would get you to click on this.
    All three of the above are part of the video in the link below -- that is, the aging sports editor using opera music in a year-end high school sports video. It breaks a lot of rules, if only because of the length. Whether it works or not is, I guess, the subject for debate. I'm not even sure myself whether it works.
    For those of you who will say it isn't worth the time, I can save you the keystrokes. You're right. The amount of time it took to put this together won't measure up to the number of people who will watch it. It's a one-time-only affair ... something I did just because I wanted to try it.
    I doubt we'd ever do something like this again. We're going have to find a quicker, easier way to post videos in the future.

http://poststar.com/videos/#vmix_media_id=146692841

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It sounded like one for the Poin Files, to be honest.

3. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Pretty cheesy, but every parent, kid, teacher in that part of the world is watching that video.

Draft saved Draft deleted