1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Openings at The (Fort Myers) News-Press/non-sports

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by EdReed, May 5, 2011.

1. EdReed

EdReed Member

Since some of the best journalists I know are sports writers and former sports writers, I figured I'd post these jobs here. Also, being the sports editor put in charge of collecting applicants for news positions, it seemed about right.
    They want to move quick and get these people hired while there's money in the budget so feel free to pounce. If there are any questions, feel free to reach out to me privately.
    I already got one resume -- from a former sports columnist.

The News-Press in Fort Myers, Florida, is seeking three experienced reporters to join its watchdog mission in Southwest Florida. Candidates should have a college degree and a minimum of three years daily newspaper experience. They should have written numerous enterprise and investigative pieces and be well versed in using databases. They should have a passion for uncovering the truth, a love of storytelling and a desire to make a difference.
    If this describes you, please send a resume and at least three clips to reporterjobs@news-press.com.

Draft saved Draft deleted