1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening web site to public feedback?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

goalmouth,

We have moderators who monitor our blog responses. One thing they've asked me is if I would be willing to answer their submitted questions once a week.

Basically, the want to create a link where people can send their queries. A note would be included saying I will post responses to the best of them at a certain time every week. I've seen it done before. It actually works quite well, because the questions tend to be very good if people know they may get a response.

That might be something to try.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There must be considerable gate-keeping. Otherwise, you'll be inundated with idiocy.

3. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

My paper allows anonymous posts for all articles appearing online, although posts must be given the OK by the webmaster.

However, the webmaster just left and I believe the web site has gone to instant post instead. Not good.

Draft saved Draft deleted