1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening Scene - Studio 60 (Wow!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I liked Chicago Hope... but Mandy annoyed me as much as he entertained me.

Like he was a half-baked version of the great character Gregory House is.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Shark has James Woods as a lawyer and Smith is Ray Liota as master criminal. Sort of like Andre Braugher in Thief.
    I'm kinda curious about Heroes (random people get super powers) and Jericho (little town in Kansas while the world may be fighting a nuclear war)

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jericho looks interesting... I don't know if I'll watch it though...

The Nine looks amazing as well...

Smith's cast: Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen, the lovely Amy Smart and Simon Baker...

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Baker... was he the Grenier competition for Hathaway in Prada?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Heroes (I'm a HUGE Greg Grunberg fan) and Jericho are the two beside Studio 60 I'm most interested in.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Hirsch has never done it for me. Saw him one time on stage, the lamest Willie Loman ever. Running on Empty--acted off the screen by the late Phoenix and holier-than-thou Lahti. Maybe the rest of the show will work.

YHS, etc

7. Mizzougrad96

I'll always remember Hirsch from Ordinary People, which may be one of the most powerful movies ever made...

Taxi is also one of the best TV shows ever...

It's a moot point, he's not a regular on Studio 60...

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I couldn't live with that.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Sure looked like Felicity Huffman peering out the door during Hirsch's monologue. Did anyone else notice?

If I were NBC, I would have kept this show on Thursdays, but put it at 10. It wouldn't have done well against Grey's and CSI at 9, but I'd like it against Without A Trace and whatever ABC offers up.

Scrubs, another comedy, My Name Is Earl, The Office and Studio 60 would have been a lineup to get NBC back on track on Thursdays again. Earl and Office from 9-10 p.m. could have been a good comedy alternative to the dramas everywhere else.

Appropo of nothing, but if viewers start tiring of crime dramas, CBS is in trouble. And I think you're gonna see a significant drop in Survivor's numbers this season, despite the new gimmick.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Sharp post.

11. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I loved West Wing and I'm excited for Studio 60. I'm enthusiastic about the Black Donnelly, a Paul Haggis show that's debuting on NBC in January.

I'm curious too about the Ron Livingston show that debuts tonight.

12. Mizzougrad96

Huffman is the "guest host" of Studio 60 on the day when the pilot takes place. I think she has about two scenes in the whole show. Still, it was a good get considering she works for ABC, but obviously she has a relationship with Sorkin dating back to Sports Night.

Draft saved Draft deleted