1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening in West Virginia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Methodtomymadness, Jun 21, 2007.

1. The latest on jjobs:

Company: News Media Corp.
    Position:
    Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $15,000 to $20,000
    Ad Expires:
    July 25, 2007
    Job ID: 792448

Description:
    Calling all sports fans! Do you love watching a good sports game? The Record Delta, one of News Media Corporation’s weekly newspapers, located in Buckhannon, West Virginia is seeking a Sports Reporter to join their newsroom. As Sports Reporter you’ll be covering everything from little league to college sports in Upshur county. Show off your creativity as you write sports stories and paginate (layout) the sports pages of the paper. The right candidate will have a general knowledge of sports, the ability to write effectively, coordinate schedules and stories and meet deadlines, as well as good photography and layout skills (using PageMaker). Full time position with benefits. To learn more about the Record Delta & NMC visit our website at www.newsmediacorporation.com.
    Please send a copy of your resume to: Tammy Lyons, Record Delta, P.O. Box 550, Buckhannon, WV 26201. E-mail, talemail@aol.com.

Is it just me, or if the Ramen Noodles didn't kill you there, working on PageMaker will...

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

This has been posted fairly recently, like in the last six-nine months. I remembered distinctly the shit pay and the thrill-inducing opening line of Calling all sports fans! Do you love watching a good sports game? Somehow, I don't imagine this is the type of place that breeds longterm loyalty. As in, get in and gtfo.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

$15k? Where do I sign up?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Probably going to be a long line for you to wait in. Just a feeling.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If this job were a chick, I wouldn't fuck her with Doc's dick...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If you had a dick, I'd feel the same way.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Seriously, who uses Pagemaker anymore other than high school yearbooks (if they even use it)? $15K? That's ridiculous.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Rule No. 1. Beware of any ad that starts out like this: Calling all sports fans! Do you love watching a good sports game?

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Holy @#$@#$@#.

If that's not the middle of nofuckingwhere, I don't know where is.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Buckhannon,+WV,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

zoom out for full effect

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One university that claims to have a quality communication department. Yeah ... they're giving their students a big head start in this profession ...

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I had to zoom out three times to find a town I had heard of. And I not only live in a neighboring state, I'm a Weather Channel junkie so I know a whole lot of towns.

12. This ad might as well read like this:

"Pay: Magic beans"

Draft saved Draft deleted