1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening in Knoxvile

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Philkaplan, Jun 15, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Re: Opening in KnoxvilLe (again) because the paper can't figure out how to hire

And people say there is no God ...

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Did I miss something? This person had a firm offer from the KNS and took a job in Sebring, Fla., instead?

I sort of understand the frustration of getting strung along while waiting for Knoxvegas management to make a decision ... but I've known a couple of people who worked (briefly) in Sebring. One got out of the business soon afterward.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Re: Opening in KnoxvilLe (again) because the paper can't figure out how to hire

Um, why should anyone wait around while management dicks around and reneges on what it promised it would do?

No other industry does the absolutely stupid shit the newspaper industry does. None.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Re: Opening in Knoxvile (again)

Not nearly as great as he probably thinks...

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Sebring is the black hole of journalism. I almost left the biz after my stint there as well. And to think there are two newspapers in that tiny retirement community. Guess he went to the News-Sun?

Draft saved Draft deleted