1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Opening a strip club ... what should I call the place?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Carpet Munchers.

If you are into that kind of stuff.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

3. pallister

pallister Guest

There's a restarant named that in Branson, Missouri.

Also, there's a Bada Bing Bar about a mile from where I'm sitting right now.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

strip club in seattle that didn't serve alcohol called itself "pop and tits."

at least that's what my buddies told me.

5. There used to be a hole in the wall "art gallery" in Dallas called The Crystal Pistol. I never went there but I loved that name for some reason. I always imagined that the place would be a grindhouse.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

There used to be a strip club in Pittsburgh called Stiffy's.
    I don't know if it's still there (I drive home a different way from work now that I moved).
    It never ceased to make me smile.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If the one by the Detroit airport is still open that name is taken.

Funbags Galore

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For the budget minded:

Dim Lighting
    Beer Goggles

Mid-priced clubs

Implants
    Boobs and Buffet

For the high rollers

It's Worth It
    This Space for Rent

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Almost as good as the name of the strip club is the juxtaposition of the two billboards there. Repent your sins, then start on a fresh batch down at Big Jim's Boobie Bungalow.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Looks like that stretch of Interstate 44 out between St. Louis and Springfield, Mo., where you see adult novelty shops with gigantic "JESUS SAVES!" billboards right behind the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

It's not a strip club, but in my hometown, there is a bar & grill called Cheeks. It had a logo of a pair of cheeks drooping out the back of cut-offs.

Needless to say, the logo and the name set off a firestorm of "what's wrong with America's morals?"-type letters to the local daily.

Not sure if that or something else contributed to the logo being removed after a couple of years and the name staying on the building.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Those billboards are almost everywhere you see a roadside strip joint or adult bookstore.

The juxtaposition is priceless as well as the sentiment. Bible-thumpers are so out of it, what makes them think some dude who patronizes a roadside strip joint/adult book store is all of the sudden going to get religion and drive out of the parking lot?

Do they think he/she is in their car muttering, "Thank you Jesus, thank you from keeping me from buying that battery-powered mushroom-shaped butt plug. And I praise you in all your glory for keeping me on the righteous path, not the path I was going to take which was to purchase Obey Magazine so I could flog myself with a pink dildo in the back of my truck cab."

Draft saved Draft deleted