1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oops, Minnesota Gophers!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Sep 27, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What is this reading comprehension you speak of?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's refreshing to see Mark making a fool out of himself just for being an idiot for a change.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is the Jets vs. the Titans at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Nice. what commercial, chunky soup?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It was a Snickers commerical, with their "Not going anywhere for a while?" tag.

The guy is painting the end zone as the Chiefs are practicing, he finishes, a player comes over and says, "Looks great, but who are the Chefs?"

Paint guy actually says "Great googly, moogly!", then Snickers does their tag line.

They did it at the same time they did the Snickers commercial with two football fans talking about great seats that they got from a scalper, but they're sitting in an empty stadium, that reveals a Cleveland end zone (right after they moved to Baltimore). One guy says, "Hey, must be a 4 o'clock game", followed by the Snickers tag line.

6. cjericho

oh yeah that old guy was great. it seemed like they showed the Chefs one a lot more than the Cleveland one.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Thanks. Saw a wide shot on CNN with the sound muted and it looked like UM so I figured that was the case.

Still, sort of silly.

8. cjericho

No. 4 has to protect the ball better but I still may drop Shonn Green and pick him up.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've covered a college football game in Crookston before.

Definitely Crookston.

With drive time, I wish I had that 11 hours of my life back.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Confusing the Gophers with UM-Crookston? Come on, they're nothing alike. Crookston could actually beat North Dakota State.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No way. The Bison are the defending FCS champion and not a pushover. No way they're losing to Crookston.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I once inherited a reporter who asked if North Dakota State was in the SWAC.

I'm serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted