1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ooooh ... it happened in NEW YORK ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shotglass, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This is the kind of fun stuff we debate and nobody else notices or cares about. It's the way of our world.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Dude, he'd already been traded, and it wasn't finalized here. This was the urgent in between the two urgents that may have meant something.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, shot, the deal was not done until the extension was completed. If it was not done by the end of the 72-hour negotiating window tonight, the deal collapses.
    And this is no longer a New York story, it is an Arizona story.

Much ado about nothing from someone who doesn't usually show an anti-NY prejudice.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If the same transaction is coming out of St. Louis tonight with Chris Carpenter, I don't think there's an urgent tag on the story.

There's my anti-NY prejudice.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It's actually not done until the players take their physicals and Selig approves the deal tomorrow because there's more than $1 million involved as well (the Yanks are giving Arizona $2 million). So expect another alert when the deal finally is done.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

You folks in flyover country. You're so quaint.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I got your flyover right here, Mr. Ridgeway. ;)

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I used to feel the same way about TV shows when I was a kid. Why is everything in L.A.? Why?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Fuck Los Angeles.

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

All these comments make me wonder what life is like away from the East Coast. You mean not everything revolves around us? ;D

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

It does Iggleboy, but the outsiders won't admit it :D

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bobby Hamilton's DEATH was a surprise, if not a shock.
    Randy Johnson's NEW CONTRACT with a team he was supposed to sign with was neither.

Draft saved Draft deleted