1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only thing sadder than Carlin's death is...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Jun 25, 2008.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'm either really stupid or really smart, but I just don't get the appeal of "Get-R-Done." What, exactly, is Mr. Cable Guy getting done?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lange is hilarious. So is Jim Norton.

3. Mizzougrad96

Chappelle is still working. I saw him a few months ago. He went more than two hours.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I thnk Sarah Silverman is hilarious, and is not afraid to touch ANY subject. I just watched Jesus is Magic the other other day rolled.

When she said Nazis were assholes, but they're cute when they're little, too much.

I like Patton Oswalt, Brian Poesehn (sp?) and Ron White as well. David Cross is funny, but comes off as a little too 'I'm smarter than you so just listen and learn lowbrows' sometimes.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

You mean like Gallagher and a watermellon?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, did you at least completely cut her out of your life yet?

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Is Chappelle just going to be off TV until his contract with Viacom runs out? I didn't know if they are still paying him or have everything tied up in court but you would think he would have done another stand up special by now.

8. Mizzougrad96

I read somewhere that Chappelle's contract with Viacom was done in a very stupid manner where most of the money was tied up in DVD sales and that by refusing to continue to do the show he's barely costing himself anything, except future DVD sales.

9. Mizzougrad96

I saw Patton Oswalt and David Cross together in a show.

Oswalt was tremendous. Cross was really good until he started getting preachy. Still really funny though...

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and catch up with them later,"

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Just have the Carlin HBO specials run off and on. It's still better than anything else out there today.

12. Mizzougrad96

We'll be able to say that forever...

Draft saved Draft deleted