1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only the Cubs...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 12, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, it's all coming back to me now. Go away.

2. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

werd

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If I ever see Joey Cora or Rafael Furcal walking down the street I'm going to kick them in the fucking nuts.

4. You have to admit, it's a bit ironic that Zambrano is on the recieving end of getting hit. He's usually the head-hunter.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

How long til Dusty gets dusted?

Paging Mr. Piniella, Mr. Lou Piniella..........the Cubs are on line 2.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not if I see you first. I owe Cora a beer for clipping Zambrano.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Not before the end of the season, that's for damn sure.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't I read a column in one of the Chicago papers a couple of weeks back, hinting at the possibility of Razor Shines taking over for Dusty?

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It was more of a "this is the guy the Cubs should hire" story not a "this is the guy the Cubs will hire" story. I think it was in the Trib.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That just ensures those guys won't be hired.

The Tribune has been throwing darts at a board all season. They've been six days behind any story. Their big solution when Lee was hurt was moving Matt Murton to first, then they whined when it didn't happen.

For weeks, they've been saying Phil Nevin would be cut, even before Lee was playing consistently or Barrett was back from his suspension. Nevin is still on the team. Now he's sucking, so the ax could fall any day, but the Trib's been riding that horse for far too long.

This year's coverage has to be the worst for any non-small market team in the history of the game.

11. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

your anger is misguided. put it to good use and roshambo with jim hendry. that'd be great.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Considering the Cubs habits for getting hurt, hiring a guy with a first name of Razor should be the last thing they do.

Draft saved Draft deleted