1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only Murders in the Building (spoilers included)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I love the lady cop. She's awesome.

Also this week's episode was amazing and I was giggling at the superfans. (Side note: one of the superfans - the girl in the wheelchair - is Ali Stroker, who was the first person in a wheelchair to ever win a Tony acting award.)

But obviously, with two eps left, it can't be as simple as the Dimases. I wonder if Oscar has something to do with it.

I honestly can't wait for the first season resolution, so I can turn around and watch the whole thing again. I think I've missed some side things that I'll enjoy picking up on the second watch.

garrow, maumann and HC like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Based on Episode 9, we "may" know who murdered Tim Kono, but why? And if he was poisoned, did the same person -- or someone different -- shoot him?

What kind of danger is Charles in? What kind of evidence will Oliver and Mabel uncover before the evictions go through? And if the murderer isn't posting notes on people's doors, who is?

A whole lot of stuff to process in the finale tomorrow.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the show and the world which it quickly built. I thought the last episode was just OK, especially the stuff in the basement at the end.

They certainly left more than enough meat on the bone for more seasons.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yes the last scene was basic, think Game of Thrones or any other ending.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Steve Martin was hilarious in that last episode.

Wenders and maumann like this.
  6. maumann

For a 76-year-old guy to be doing that kind of physical comedy was amazing. I laughed out loud several times, particularly during the speech he gives when confronted by Jen in the basement -- which turns out to be all in his mind, as he's still poisoned. And Amy Ryan was the perfect femme fatale. I can't imagine how many takes they had to film during the couch scene because either she or Steve probably broke out of character. It was well-written and well-acted.

Wenders likes this.
  7. Wenders

I was just crying laughing during the elevator scene.

maumann likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The beauty of all of this is they had to write into the show that Martin Short walks around with a dog stroller all the time.

maumann and Wenders like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She is the product of the same theater program where my son performs. They showed a performance of hers when she was younger — holy cow what a voice.

10. maumann

OK. Season 2 is in full swing. Time to update the thread.

Bunny's dead and our three amateur detectives are the prime suspects. There's a new board president. Howard's got a black eye. There's a Brazzos reboot. Mabel gets invited to join a tony art collective. Amy Schumer now owns Sting's apartment.

My favorite line from episode 1 was Oliver's aside, "Well, the second season is always better."

We're up to episode 4, where the callbacks really start. We finally get to meet Lucy. The missing knife suddenly shows up in Charles' apartment. Teddy Dimas and his son are back at the Arconia awaiting trial, and plotting revenge against Oliver. And Charles is getting phone calls from someone familiar.

Who knew the Arconia was a real-life Clue board?

Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Wenders

I've been enjoying the second season, especially the secret passageways. The last reveal about Oliver's character has me very intrigued.

Mostly, thank you OMITB for bringing back Nathan Lane. I love him.

Spartan Squad, sgreenwell and maumann like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Lane and Short are kind of similar to me, in that they're excellent when you have material that doesn't rely on them being "big" all the time.

Also, Martin and Short are on tour right now. It's a somewhat expensive ticket ($85 each for the Houston area), but it's supposed to be a dynamite couple of hours. Wife and I are going to check it out.

Draft saved Draft deleted