1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Oct 29, 2010.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hortonville High School ... are they the Whos?

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

In my short drive home every night, I have to be sure to be really alert, even if it means downing a Coke a half-hour before I'm done. I see deer cross the road two or three times a week. On the other route, I pass by several bars, so I'll take my chances with the deer.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

When I did TV sports - in Wisconsin, no less - I once said in the newsroom, "the only time I'll run sound (interviews) from a cross country race is if the winner is hit by a wild boar while on the course."

DARN! Wish I had sound here...

4. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Deer are routine in our neighborhood. They sleep on the lawn and routinely run the road. Had two this morning joining me on an early morning run; I was too slow to worry about being hit.

If you're interested, there were more than 16,000 deer-car crashes in Wisconsin last year.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

So in what place did the deer finish?

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

It won, but was DQ'd because it didn't have a timing chip

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's nothing.

Had a runner here, who's last name was Buck, get hit by a deer during the region cross country meet two years ago. Girl and deer were both OK. The deer just got up and scampered back into the woods, and the girl finished in the top 15.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We should just turn this into a running thread:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/108684844.html

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Typical liberal. :D

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't have antlers.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Doesn't see the big deal.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This is great because my buddy got hit by a bus while leading a cross country race in a county park. He did a little barrel roll and continued on. Of course, second place (another buddy of mine) has never heard the end of it. Losing a race to a guy who got hit by a bus.

Draft saved Draft deleted