1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in Ohio: Smoking ban in cars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I dunno what happened. We banned smoking and the next thing I know I'm saluting and saying Heil Hitler.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Greece's population: 11.3 million. Ohio's population: 11.5 million. Why is everyone freaking out?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean the web-site that, using numbers, disputes the CDC bullshit and you can't handle it because you are a freedom-hating, government loving pinko?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My dad used to smoke when I was in the car as a kid. He even did so on a drive up to Pennsylvania when I was an adult and he knew that I was a rabid anti-smoker. I wish I had told him to pull over to the side and gotten out of the car to smoke, but he made it adamantly clear that my objection to his smoking would have caused mega problems.

I still have memories of going in a van with a bunch of fellow teenagers in my high school to some place and I was the only person in the van who 1) wasn't a smoker and 2) didn't smoke. People didn't realize it until we got back to school, then they were like, "oh shit."

Needless to say, I have no sympathy whatsoever for smokers. Your rights end as soon as they infringe on mine.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I used to bury my nose in the backseat cushion as a kid when my dad smoked in the car. I couldn't and still can't be in a confined area with smoke. It's an issue.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Most of the numbers are dates.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. That "evidence" of Zag's was all dates and scare tactics, with the obligatory Nazi reference thrown in. No useful data. No credibility. Just an insane agenda pushed by people desperate to fight off any government at all.

No wonder Zag liked it so much.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Trust Zag to kick in the Godwin Law. Surprised this thread has gone on this long

9. zagoshe

WRONG again. Look closer - there are plenty of numbers that aren't dates and also facts about how some of these so-called studies have been skewed and manipulated by government

http://www.smokingaloud.com/ets.html

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Look closer?"

That's a link to a different page.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there is ONE statistic, which isn't really supported properly, and a whole lot of opinion. Oh, but hey, a judge in North Carolina doesn't think the science used to link second-hand smoke to lung cancer is sound. Hmmmm.I wonder if the state where he works has something to do with that.

12. zagoshe

It is a link to a page that is from the same original article, which you could have easily found yourself had you looked closer and clicked on the different links on the page which all contain statistics.

And just because our favorite Pittsburgh whipping fanboi capitalizes a word for emphasis, it doesn't make it true.

Like, I could say OOP has ONE working brain cell but we all know that is giving him way too much credit.....

Draft saved Draft deleted