1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in NASCAR....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by umiami06, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

There are some great NASCAR photogs out there, who know how to capture scenes other than burnouts and Victory Lane shots.

Mark Sluder of NASCAR Scene/Illustrated has shot some photos that are jaw-dropping.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Moved up one spot, but fell 63 more points behind Busch. That "one pit stop" was a very bad error.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A good point on both. But he's still the next guy in line, and he did finish 12th. It's not like he blew up on Lap 12.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Heck, I'd like to see Junior make the Chase and make a run, playing out the DEI soap opera to the very end. But his last few races, Pocono excepted, have been strange.

When Menard's motor let go toward the end at Michigan I pictured Teresa at home..."dammit, that engine was for the 8!"

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hahahah I thought the same thing. Same with Mark Martin's "oil leak."

6. I am glad I read this whole thread and got to this one in context because, otherwise, yeesh.
    I don't know why.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The same shitty driver than won the championship in '04?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Being able to drive really fast in a circle doesn't mean you can drive worth shit on the highway.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Thought you were rippin' his on-track ability. His brother isn't much better after chirping his tires leaving a Eat-n-Park I believe it was in VA last year.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ky Fried Chicken, but yeah.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It was out of a gas station, into a KFC, I think. He got stopped in the KFC drive-thru.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No Eat n Parks outside the greatness known as Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Vaginny.

Draft saved Draft deleted