1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only In Detroit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Which athletic program would you rather follow: USM or UAB? Samford, meet William Carey. Birmingham Southern ... eh, who cares. Oh, the majesty of the PapaJohns.com Bowl at chopped-in-half Legion Field? Not so much.

B'ham has minor league baseball, and an occasional NCAA regional, that's about all that I can think of that's different.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Birmingham has.... (I'll hang up and wait for your answer)...

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

These lists are idiotic.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

The Wings had tickets available all throughout the playoffs. They never sold out. Sounds like quite the bunch of passionate fans.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't blame the fans. Blame the owners for gouging the customers and the team for playing batshit boring hockey.

It still ain't Hockeytown though.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They used to sell out.. but considering the ripoff artists who own the team dont break even until the first round of the playoffs, they have to squeeze every nickel they can.. playoff tickets are v-e-r-y overpriced in Detroit. Fans didn't turn them down because they dont care; they turned them down because they were overpriced, considering the Wings penchant for early exits. Oh... and if you purchase playoff tickets for all rounds and there is an early exit? They dont give a refund to season ticket holders, they apply to next season.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Wow. Now that's some info I did not know - well, aside from them being overpriced. That I knew.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I thought they had a change of policy this year and refunded the money. No?

9. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Why break up Oakland-Berkley, San Jose-Palo Alto, and San Francisco? Isn't that all one market?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Fucking Blackhawks.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Too bad they didn't add to the criteria, "Quality of urban experience".

That'd knock Detroit out of the top ten.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Might have... I know that was the long-time policy

Draft saved Draft deleted