1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in Cleveland...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Feb 21, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Quickly becoming? I thought they were already the laughing stock of the NFL?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had great seats in Heinz Field for that one. I've mentioned this story on here before, but my buddy and I were talking about what the Steelers needed to do for the following season at halftime because we figured the Browns were about to end their season.

Man, that was a fun second half.

3. chester

chester Member

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but: Screw you. :) God, just thinking about that game gets me angry, and it's been, what, four years, five years, an eternity.

BTW, this newbie will be more than happy to fetch you a beer for the "screw you" comment. No offense intended.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, everyone else is fighting for second place in the laughingstock category.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Cards and lions still bigger laughingstocks than browns. Gap closing tho

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None taken. And a Killian's Red will be fine. Get one for yourself while you're at it. You seem to need it more than I do.

7. The Browns are starting to challenge Arizona for the dubious No. 1 spot.

Bentley's career-ender is bad enough. What I think also needs to be looked at is how bally-hooed last year's free-agent class was in Cleveland, and how badly it actually sucked on the field.

Jurevicius was a non-factor. Shaffer was not a fix at left tackle. Bentley. Ted Washington did nothing to solidify the run-defense problems. Instead of being a leader, McGinest was a non-factor who earned the ire of his teammates for barely showing up half the time.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Browns are who we thought they were.

9. chester

chester Member

Jurevicius started to play well late in the season. I know that seems like too little too late, but that was also about the time they started to actually get the ball his way. Once they did that, he made the plays. Certainly made more than any other pass catcher on that team outside of Winslow. I still think Jurevicius will be a decent No. 2 receiver for the Browns next season.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, you need to buy us all a beer as penance for marrying someone from Pittsburgh.

11. chester

chester Member

In my defense, she moved to Northeast Ohio when she was in the fifth grade or something like that. I didn't find out she was from Pittsburgh originally until we started dating. By then, I had fallen the proverbial head-over-heels for her, so I guess I was willing to overlook that one flaw.

Draft saved Draft deleted