1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only in Big Creek, West Virginia ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Only in West Virginia ...

Well, there you go. No cause and effect at all. Though in your case, you may just be a masochist.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ditto on all counts.

What a bunch of sick fucks. Dip them in a vat of boiling oil during halftime of W. Va. football game.

3. Re: Only in West Virginia ...

what a group of absolutly disgusting human beings. I wish we could see what happens to them when the prison population finds out why they're locked up. I hope they get the same treatment behind bars as they did this woman. Except instead of a week, i hope they get it everyday for the duration of their term.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mom is 49 and the son is 24. Are they sure this is not her grandson? It is West Virginia.

That said, Morgantown is an oasis.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I was just down in Charleston on vacation. It was a fairly nice city. Sure, there was a paucity of options for entertainment but it didn't seem like a terrible place.

Stuff like this is simply disgusting. I can't imagine how anyone could do something like that.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I have amended the thread title for those for whom the joke was too insidery.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

FBI is going to investigate it as a possible hate crime? ::)

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Big Creek is about 50 miles from Charleston. Charleston is like an oasis of civilization in W.Va. There's a lot of nothingness around it.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with you that they should have left the ID's out, but why remove the reporter's name?

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

There was a lot of nothingness in it as well.

At times a few looks came our way that did not make me happy. Not bad overall though.

11. I removed it because I don't want people thinking I'm picking on the writer on trying to poke holes in their work.

12. Just make sure your aren't confusing Big Creek, W.Va in Logan County with Big Creek High School in McDowell (or MacDowell as the locals say) County W.Va.

Draft saved Draft deleted