1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

online xmas shopping help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Nov 20, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

as much as i've always enjoyed the act of xmas shopping, especially finding that perfect gift for mom, the continued downfall of my knees has finally relegated me to going the online route. from your experiences, which web sites are best for general shopping as far as selection, prices, on-time delivery, shipping fees, etc.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i love this google ad at the top of my post

A Clean Rear End for Xmas
    Give Our Electronic Bidet... Used and Remembered Every Day!
    www.sandman.com/intimst.html

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

SierraTradingPost.com, Overstock.com, and the overstocks/sale sections of LandsEnd.com, LLBean.com and JCrew.com have been reliable and good sources for bargains. Vermont Country Store really dicked me a couple years ago, so while I like some of their stuff, I'm done with them. Sierra Trading Post is great on returns and there are some tremendous deals. But for the most part, I like shopping with local merchants downtown.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Frank has some good stuff there. And don't shop anywhere online without doing a coupon code search on Google to see if that store has some sort of deal like 20% off. Just about every major retailer has some sort of discount going all the time, even if it's just free shipping, which is better than nothing.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It depends on what you're looking to find, really. I like Amazon for music and DVDs; Half.com is good, too.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

tx, if you have Bank of America debit card, I just signed up for their Mall program. If you go to your online banking and sign up, you can link to other retailers through their site and get cash back. It's like 40 percent for some, 2-3 percent for others.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

www.retailmenot.com for coupons
    www.redenvelope.com for gifts, in addition to others mentioned

And the rumor is that the Monday following Thanksgiving is now "Cyber Monday" with similar deals as those found on "Black Friday." You might want to wait a week or so.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've had a few orders get lost, but Half.com always paid me back when I filed a complaint.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sounds like 21's thanksgiving could be off on the right track..

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Your coupon codes, sir ...

http://www.retailmenot.com/

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Copycat.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Seriously. That'll get you pushed off the monkey bars.

Draft saved Draft deleted