1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

online websites

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Blackburnr, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Blackburnr

Blackburnr New Member

This may not be the appropriate thread to post this in, but does anyone know of any sites that you can apply to write for? doesn't need to be paid or anything crazy. I've seen fansided.com on here but thats about it

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, you wouldn't want to do anything crazy like get paid. Don't limit yourself to online websites, look for something offline. MyFace is a personal fave.

lgbobbum[1].jpg

Blackburnr likes this.
  3. Blackburnr

Blackburnr New Member

I just added you. Being paid would be amazing obviously, I'm just a student that has only been doing this for about 6 months. Wanted to try and find a site to potentially write for and any money that comes along with that is a bonus

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I get it, but don't work for free. It devalues what you and everyone else try to do in this industry. Even if you are a student you can find some place that will pay, and a penny per 1,000 clicks doesn't count. Even if it is $20 per story to cover high school field hockey for a local weekly, there are paying freelance gigs if you look.

5. Potter

Potter Member

$20 for a high school field hockey gamer is way better than getting much lower/zero pay for a website for which you do no reporting.

Draft saved Draft deleted