1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Sports Editor, Cedar Rapids, IA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by nickpugliese, Mar 27, 2012.

1. nickpugliese

nickpugliese New Member

We're looking for someone to coordinate our online sports operation and also handle some live sports producing. You'll be doing everything from helping to plan our coverage to curating and posting content to producing live sports events on our sub-digital TV station. The job posting is below; if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at nick.pugliese@sourcemedia.net

Online Sports Editor

SourceMedia Group, Cedar Rapids, IA, is seeking a versatile and highly motivated Online Sports Editor. Our Sports staff provides content for The Gazette (second-largest paper in Iowa) and KCRG-TV9 (the top broadcast station in Eastern Iowa). This position is responsible for editing, packaging, publishing and maintaining sports content for the company’s online sites. Other responsibilities include:

• Curate content from a variety of sources (including blogs, wire services, freelancers, community contributors, audio and video) to post on our sites.
    • Grow reader engagement online through moderating comments, conversations, live chats and other interactions
    • Actively participate in social media, helping to promote content on our web sites and community engagement
    • Produce “On Iowa Live,” a 1-hour, weekly live sports talk show, as well as other KCRG 9.2 live events.

Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related field, and 2-4 years’ experience
    as a digital editor, web writer, multimedia producer or content strategist. Candidates must have good news judgment, be proficient with social media and have ability to work in a fast-paced environment and on deadline

Interested candidates, please send your cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to:

SourceMedia Group
    PO Box 511
    500 third Ave SE
    Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
    E-mail: sourcemediahr@sourcemedia.net

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I was up for this job once ...

rb

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

NICE area. Quite underrated, if you ask me. You've got Iowa City not too far to the south, Des Moines a few hours away...

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Iowa's Sin City. And the whores there all look like Maeby Funke.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

At least they're better looking than the whores in Camden County.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Don't tease me.

[​IMG]

I'd like to fake marry her for Alzheimer's patients' entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

But, really, how far *is* it from Tahoe?

rb

Draft saved Draft deleted