1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online poker: PokerStars vs. Full Tilt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wisportswriter, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Which one do you (card) tossers prefer?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've played online, but I used Full Tilt. No reason in particular, though. Easy deposit and withdraw methods and you got to choose cool backgrounds and avatars. There's probably not much difference in any of the online sites.

Can you even play online anymore? Wasn't there some sort of law passed?

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Having checked back into my pokerstars account recently, it appears you can still play online as the 100 percent first-time deposit bonus is displayed in the upper left hand side of the table you're on. I don't know how they can still do this, but it certainly appears they still can.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Which is the one which had the recent scandal where one of the players was able to look at the hole cards of everyone else at their table?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The State of Kentucky thinks it now owns these and other domain names:

http://www.pokerlistings.com/kentucky-governor-seizes-gambling-site-domains-30823

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That was Absolute Poker.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've used both and liked both. I'm on PokerStars now, but that's just because one of my friends was able to transfer me some cash since I couldn't deposit.

To answer your question, I don't think you can really go wrong. Check out the deposit promotions.

8. I probably won't even play for money all that often. I was wondering more about just which site people liked playing better.
    Thanks for the input.

Draft saved Draft deleted