1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Onetime most eligible bachelor in Dallas eligible again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A serious hottie in her day.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Lorrie+Morgan&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=XWBDTb61DYj3gAfEvPzbAQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CEcQsAQwAA&biw=1213&bih=690

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I saw Aikman and the woman who I'm pretty sure was his wife at a function several years back. She was absolutely elegant, in a way that you don't usually see much anymore.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Perhaps I should feel silly about this, but before reading this thread I had never heard speculation that Aikman was gay.

4. Mizzougrad96

Were you born in 1997?

5. Sea Bass

Nah - I think you and I are the same age. Maybe I have heard it, but if so I've forgotten.

By the way, I've always suspected Roberto Alomar and Brady Anderson might have been more than just teammates back in the day, but I don't know if anybody else ever thought the same thing.

6. Mizzougrad96

Depending on which story you believe, the infamous Alomar spitting incident was because Hirschbeck called Alomar a derogatory name for a homosexual. I think a lot of people thought it was funny that both of them were dating tennis players at the same time, one of whom I believe has come out of the closet. I'm sure that's all just a coincidence.

I know a former Cowboys beat writer who covered most of Aikman's career who said he would bet just about everything he owns that Aikman is straight.

7. Sea Bass

Yeah, I knew about Anderson/Alomar - my post was a poor attempt to poke fun at myself.

Now that I knew there were/are rumours about Aikman, I still can't see why there would be. Just doesn't strike me as somebody about whom there would be whispers.

8. Mizzougrad96

Skip Bayless wrote a book on the Cowboys in 1996 or 1997 where there was a chapter that said that Barry Switzer believed Aikman was gay.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Alomar and Mary Pierce [​IMG], I always thought he was a lucky guy.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Which tennis player was Hirshbeck dating?

11. Sea Bass

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice pull (I refuse to quote that photo...)

Draft saved Draft deleted