1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Onetime most eligible bachelor in Dallas eligible again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Silly Troy. You grow a beard in winter, not lose one.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'm not meaning to rip the sports predictor for posting this, but I just don't understand why divorce serves as news? About half the country gets divorced, what's the big deal?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Seriously?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't Troy date Sandra Bullock as well?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it was Lorrie Morgan.

6. Matt Stephens

Yea. I mean, divorce sucks, but it's far too common in this country. Nearly 1 out of 2 married couples gets divorced.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice during the Packers-Falcons games when Buck and Aikman were talking about the Packers new "Bone" formation. Buck was talking about how well it had worked and Troy jumped in and said " I just like it's name". I thought I had imagined it but then a friend of mine that happens to be gay texted me and asked if I heard Troy come out on TV. He also spent a bunch of time earlier in the year explaining how good looking Kurt Shottenheimer was(again my gay friend quickly pointed this out). Not that there is anything wrong with it!

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That number is heavily inflated by serial divorces. First-time marriages stick at a much higher rate.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I had no idea. Really?

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Skip, is that you?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Right. I get that. But Troy Aikman is a highly visible athlete/celebrity. The public is interested in their lives. Part of the price of being famous and, in his case, young (then), rich and good looking. It was news when he got married. It's news when that marriage goes kablooey

12. Matt Stephens

I suppose you're right, and maybe it just doesn't happen as much in the sports world to get publicized like it does in entertainment.

Rick- Very true. Overall numbers always seem to fluctuate between 46 and 51 percent, with second and third marriages generally in the 60s. Then you factor in partners who've had parents split up and that usually increases things too. Either way, it's a good line to give my girlfriend and tell her it's a numbers game. I'm not scared of commitment, just how expensive a divorce could be on a journalist and social worker's salary!

Draft saved Draft deleted