1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One word: What are you feeling, what's your reaction?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, May 1, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Determined

2. printdust

printdust New Member

I sure as hell ain't afraid. We're not a nation of fear.

Proud.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's one of those things that I've thought about a lot over the last 9+ years.

Would we be in the economic situation we're in if 9/11 hadn't happened? Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think so... That's not to say it's to blame for everything this country has been through since then, but it certainly got things rolling in the wrong direction.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The collapse was going to happen, but it was Katrina and rising gas prices that was the final push.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

Fixed.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

This.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Aboutdamntime.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

SATISFACTION. :D 8) ;)

mick and the stones were wrong!! :D

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It was still an overheated economy based on debt-fueled bubbles.

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Bittersweet.

Sweet because we finally got the son of a bitch. Bitter because, for the thousands who died in terrorism attacks that Bin Laden orchestrated and the thousands more who died in combat looking for him, we didn't get him soon enough.

Plus I have a hard time celebrating someone's death, even someone who truly deserved it like Bin Laden.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know several folks have weighed in on having 'a hard time celebrating someone's death' sentiment, but c'mon. most of us here aren't heartless ogres who live for learning someone has passed. and i'm anti-death penalty. but i'm also flexible enough to know when one of my personal tenets doesn't fly.

and OLB, along with hitler, are two who immediately come to mind.

i understand those who don't want to celebrate because of what might happen next. but on the grounds you can't bring yourself to celebrate ANYONE'S death? c'mon, suburbia. take advantage of that rarest of opportunities to DANCE ON A GRAVE or to TAKE A DUMP IN THE OCEAN, in this case....

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Empty.

Sorry I just don't get the celebrations. Our CIA and military got a tremendously sensitive assignment right, which shouldn't be taken for granted. They went in and eliminated the guy with precision and skill. Yet, I lost three friends on 9/11 and none of them are coming back because of this, and none of the anguish this caused to thousands of families goes away, either. I find little satisfaction in this news, not that I think I was supposed to.

Draft saved Draft deleted