1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One-way ticket to very hot place: 93-year-old man beaten by teens for $27

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Sep 27, 2010.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/93-year-old-marietta-638862.html

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I thought Clockwork Orange took place in England?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We had an old guy in our city killed by three kids who robbed him of $3. They got life since they were under 18 and couldn't get the death penalty.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Parents, if you could call them that, should burn in hell too.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Contrary to popular belief, some kids are rotten and it has nothing to do with what kind of parenting they've received or not received.

Just like some kids are amazing and it has nothing to do with what kind of parenting they've received or not received.

6. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Reminds me of several Boston teens. Lured a pizza man to an abandoned house, slashed his throat, stole chump change and ate the pizza he was carrying.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

He would have had a lot more money on him if he quit living off the government and get a job.

8. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Really? A man's throat is slashed and you think of that?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Blue font is sarcasm.

And another one for the "What the Fuck is Wrong with People" file: A white supremacist gets 31 years for beating a 77-year-old black fisherman. Guy was fishing with his wife when the Nazi and two teens beat him up.

And what's really messed up is that the Nazi is a convicted rapist and child molester who also threw urine at a guard while in prison:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bal-lockner-sentencing-0927,0,7296656.story

It's assholes like this that make me pro-death penalty.

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I was the foreman on a murder trial where a 16-year-old and a 24-year-old stabbed their neighbor 37 times in order to steal enough money to buy more beer.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

What punishment did they get, Knighthawk?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Here's the part that kills me about the story you linked (And it isn't made clear in that version): Mr. Hitler had recently been released from prison after serving 8 years for raping a woman and a 4 year old girl.

Now, I've worked in news for 20 years, and written up countless court and crime stories. I'm pretty immune to outrage over court and sentencing stuff. But seriously, 8 years?!? For raping a woman and a 4 year old girl? Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm sure Mr. Hitler's written statement of remorse was quite heartfelt.

Draft saved Draft deleted