1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"One Shining Moment" gets another new singer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hate that fucking song.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They need to deep-six this Morris Albert-ish bucket of goo.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish NBC had the tournament - then they could air it at 12:20 a.m.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Stop calling please ... we have a winner! This song is easily in the top 5 of why I don't watch college basketball.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It could be worse. CBS could go back to playing Christopher Cross' 'All Right' at the end of the tournament.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Nothing points out how bad that song really is then when it's remade. The reason we have such fond memories of "One Shining Moment" is that it used to be the best sports/music montage going. But it hasn't been the best for 20+ years. So many others have long passed it by. So many networks do it better, whether it's Fox or ESPN. I recall a montage of David Wells after he pitched in the 1998 -- 1998! -- World Series with the Foo Fighters' "My Hero," that was just brilliant. I recall another World Series one later with U2's "Walk On." They gave me goosebumps. "One Shining Moment" doesn't do that. It's vanilla, it's white bread, just blah. It even seems like it's been shorter the last couple of years (maybe that's just me). But CBS seems to be stuck with it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"We Will Rock You"/"We Are The Champions," as ancient, bombastic, pompous and cliche-ridden as it is, would still be 1,000 times better than "OSM"'s bucket of treacle.

"One Shining Moment" is sweet, soft, sensitive and gentle -- everything that winning the national championship has absolutely fucking nothing to do with.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Amen to this. That montage of cheese blows goats.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Morris Albert upchucks when he hears the endless hype surronding this drivelous ditty that "signifies" an overhyped sporting event. The one shining moment in all of that is when CBS fades to black.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. mb

mb Active Member

Oh man. Just saw a commercial that had a little of Hudson's "One Shining Moment."

It SUCKED. ASS.

Even the mustardwife asked "Is she going to scream the WHOLE SONG?"

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The ball is tipped and there you are........ ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted